11 January 2012

The UK tricks me - Part 1



Dear Everyone that is Used to Showers Working Just cos You Turned it on,

When you want to take a shower here you have to deal with a hidden, but candy red, switch not located in the bathroom or around the shower but usually placed outside. (The correlation didn't occur to me, the switch looks too important and self-destruct-like. I had to be shown.)

You have to turn it on and wait for water to be warmed up. Then you get in the shower and there's some kind of console in there with more than one dial and a few buttons, depending on the console. Most of my showers are spent with me turning one dial and then the other SO SLOWLY because if I turn it one mm too far it's either ice or skin peelingly hot.

The sweet spot is like the deactivate button in Sylar's head/body long after the Heros writers started phoning it in: In a different place every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment