15 January 2012

Why I, Very Understandably, Don't Like Geese

When I was a wee one, we went to Westwood Lake for a day. I was happily splashing about and spied some of the EVIL EVIL geese that make a home of the lake and a toilet of the beach. I was SUPER excited and wanted to feed said geese cos that's just how a toddler brain works.


So I grabbed whatever food I could get, I don't even remember what. It could have been a stick or some mud to be honest, but let's pretend it was a peace offering of some yummy bird friendly bread. I marched up and gently gave the food to the nearest, and as I remember, biggest mega goose ever.


The goose was at first surprised.


Then this happened:



It HISSED at me with it's tongue vibrating indignantly, it spread its wings and then this happened:

I must have blacked out cos I don't remember anything but running away forever.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. first of all, I like your bathing suit. secondly I like how toddler-you squished the bread so innocently into the goose's beak. Cute. And then how the cute goose turned suddenly terrifying. I'm kinda already afraid of geese and I've never been chased by one that was almost as big as me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathing suit is based off reality! makes it so much better! Except the real one had Little Mermaid on it. True to the late 80's it was also purple, pink and teal colour blocked. I liked how it accentuated my pot belly.

    ReplyDelete