10 March 2013

A Thing That Happened: Insufficient Leftovers.

Is this a thing that others find? I make food for my Other Half and myself, he snarfs through it in about half the time I'm done mine (Which I adore! He likes my cooking! A lot!) but then as he heads back to the kitchen for more I am silly and say, "You know, if you leave some for leftovers, tomorrow I can make blah blah blah..." and he says "okay!"

We're learning to match up my idea of leftovers and his idea of leftovers.

I head into the kitchen, look in the pot and I see:


And I'm left wondering what he thinks my wizardry might make out of a spoonful of rice and this:

He apparently thinks I'm much better at this than I do. And then I say what I think he meant for me to say all along. "Do...you want to just finish this off?"

1 comment:

  1. We have the opposite problem in our house. Leftovers go into the fridge and mysteriously disappear in minutes, only to reappear in 2 weeks covered in a fine grey fur.

    I especially appreciate the lonely broccoli.

    ReplyDelete